Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Lessor (Prestige Cars) rents to the Lessee whose name-address and signature appears on page 1
of the Rental Agreement. The Lessee agrees to use the vehicle and to pay for the hire and declares his acceptance of the terms and conditions
of the Rental Agreement. By signing the rental agreement, the Lessee assumes his own responsibility.
First: Purpose of Hire & Delivery and Return of Vehicle
- The Lessee admits that he or she has received the vehicle in good condition without obvious defects and fulfilling the purpose for which it is hired. The Lessee undertakes to return the vehicle with all its documents and accessories in the same condition to the Lessor as mentioned in the checklist form at the location and on date and time mentioned in the Rental Agreement. Further the Lessee hereby agrees that the Lessor reserves the right to enter upon and repossess the vehicle at any time without demand at Lessee's expense, if the vehicle is used in breach of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Both Parties agree and understand that any extension of duration of hire must be with prior written approval of the Lessor.
- The Lessee undertakes to return the vehicle with the fuel tank full with all its original tires in addition to documents, accessories and tools of the vehicle to the Lessor at the agreed location.
- The Lessee undertakes to keep the vehicle provided with sufficient water, oil and petrol for its maintenance. 3
- The Lessee hereby acknowledges and observes that he/she is only a bailee on the vehicle and that he has no right and/or title and/or interest other than being a bailee under the Rental Agreement.
- When returning the vehicle, Lessee must agree to check-in inspection. Lessee's avoid to sign the same is as acceptance to Lessor's check-in inspection.
Second: Use of Vehicle
The Lessee undertakes the following:
- To drive the car, the Lessee must be 25-years old and have a driving license valid at least for six-month duration.
- The Lessee must use the vehicle by his or her own, properly and diligently and must be responsible for any misuse whatsoever.
- The Lessee undertakes to note the conditions if the leased vehicle is driven by any other driver. Otherwise, the Lessee shall be fully responsible for such non-compliance.
- The Lessee should not use the vehicle off-roads, motor sports or any activities that may damage the vehicle as not covered under warranty & insurance.
- The Lessee must handle with diligence the vehicle and its accessories carefully and keep the key of the vehicle in his possession and lock the vehicle when it is parked.
- The Lessee undertakes that he/she shall not in any case whatsoever re-rent, sell, mortgage or pledge the vehicle. Its equipment or tools or give up possession of the vehicle in any manner.
- The Lessee undertakes not to transport any hazardous, explosive or inflammable material or any goods or item that is likely to damage the interior or exterior of the vehicle.
Further the Lessee undertakes the following:
- Not to transport passengers nor goods for reward or any sum of money.
- Not to push, propel or tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Not to transport goods in violation of customs, traffic or other regulation or in any other illegal manner.
- Not to drive the vehicle whilst he/she (or person authorized in charge to the vehicle) is under the influence of alcohol or any other substance impairing his consciousness or ability.
- Not to use the vehicle in any races, marathons, driving test or contest.
- That the vehicle shall not be driven by any other person other than the named overleaf (or any other driver named in the rental Agreement) without prior written approval of the Lessor.
- The Lessee undertakes not to use the vehicle outside the State of Qatar without obtaining prior written approval of the Lessor.
The Lessor reserves the right in case the Lessee contravenes any condition of this Agreement to demand return of the vehicle forthwith and in this case the Lessee shall be responsible for any delay.
Third: Consideration and Other Expenses
- On demand, the Lessee undertakes to pay the Lessor the following:
- The amount of the Rental in accordance to be paid in advance prior to or upon signing the rental agreement.
- For optional items (collision damage waiver, personal accident insurance subscribed to and agreed.
- For all amount due to the Lessor and/or a third party in accordance with and arising out of the Rental Agreement.
- or all amounts due to the Lessor and/ or a third party due to noncompliance with the terms of the Rental Agreement or due to any contravention of law.
2. The Lessee undertakes that petrol shall be on his account and to return the vehicle with the fuel tank full at the time of returning the vehicle. Otherwise, the Lessor shall be entitled to the right of making a separate charge for it.
- The Lessee and each driver of the vehicle authorized pursuant to First Article may participate in the benefit of a motor-car insurance policy. A copy of which is available to the Lessee at the Lessor's main business establishment. Such policy covers injury to Third parties according to the applicable regulations in the State of Qatar.
- The Lessee hereby approves the said policy and undertakes to observe the terms and conditions thereon. The Lessee further undertakes to take all necessary steps to protect the interests of the Lessor and of the Lessor's insurer in case of any accident during the duration of the validity of the Rental Agreement and particular.
- To report to the Lessor and concurrently to the police immediately any accident
theft, fire or any bodily injury.
- To include in the report aforesaid, the circumstances, date, place and time of the accident the names and address of the witness, the name and the address of the owner and driver of the other vehicle involved in the accident, the registration number
of such other vehicle, name of such owner's insurance company and the number of the policy.
- To attach to such report available police report.
- Not to discuss in any event whatsoever liability settlement or deal with the parties relative to the accident.
- The Lessee must compensate Lessor from any damage to vehicle not recovered by the insurance company for whatever reason related to the Lessee by any other Driver.
- To report to the Lessor and concurrently to the police immediately any accident
- The Lessor shall not be responsible for the loss of or damage to personal articles carried by the Lessee or for objects left in the vehicle during the Rental period.
- Any damage arising from improper use of the vehicle including any such damage caused owing to the poor quality of the road shall be borne by the Lessee.
- The Lessor shall not be liable for the injury to the third parties or damage to the vehicle which the Lessee may cause during and after the Rental period. If he/she has supplied the Lessor with false information as to his identity, his address of the validity of his driving license.
- The Lessee undertakes not to do any activity which will render the Lessor's insurance cover void.
- Any claims with unknown accident, the Lessee shall pay 30% of the total compensation cost of damages caused by an unknown third party.
The Lessee undertakes to:
- Obtain the name and address of every person involved in the accident
- Not to admit any liability and to deny it.
- Not to abandon the vehicle without ensuring its safety and security.
- To immediately warn the police in case any other person's guilt has to be proved or in case people are injured due to the accident.
- To fill in a notification to the accident and to forward it within 24 hours to the address of the Lessor which is indicated in this Agreement.
- The Lessor shall have the right to deduct from the guarantee amount, this will be used to cover the Insurance Deductible and cost of spare parts not covered by the Insurance depending on the Repair Invoice furnish from the Service Center. If the damage exceeds the guarantee amount, and then the Lessee shall be responsible for paying the exceeding amount from his own expense.
- The Lessee shall be responsible to obtain a police report and a police repair slip. In the event the Lessee does not obtain such police report and police repair, the Lessor will arrange to carry out the necessary repairs at Lessee's expense and cost.
Sixth: Traffic Violations
- The Lessee acknowledges that the Lessor shall deduct any traffic fine from the pre-authorization guarantee amount to the credit card in the event the Lessee incur a traffic fine for traffic offense during the rental period. In the event the amount of the traffic fine exceeds the said guarantee amount, then the Lessee shall pay the exceeding amount from his own expense.
In addition, an Administration charges in the amount of Qrs. 250/- (apart from the traffic cost) shall also be deducted from the Lessee to cover the cost of paper work in the process of clearing the traffic violations acquired. Otherwise, the Lessee can settle the traffic fines directly to the Traffic Department.
- If the rental vehicle is impounded due to more serious traffic violation such as: unauthorized U-turns, beating the red light and illegal parking; the Lessee is liable to pay the Rental charges until the vehicle is released.
Seventh: Other Terms
- The Lessor is not responsible for the loss of any property or valuables transported or left in the vehicle by the Lessee.
- The Lessor shall not be liable for any losses arising from any mechanical or manufacturing defect in the said vehicle.
- The Lessee may at an additional appropriate charge subscribe to a personal accident insurance policy and benefit from all the advantages thereof in accordance with the standard terms of the policy, a copy of which is available with the Lessor.
Eighth: Validity of the Contract
Any terms or conditions of this Agreement may not be amended, unless agreed in writing.
Ninth: Repair and Maintenance
Normal mechanical wear in on account of the Lessor. In the event the vehicle is laid up, the Lessee shall advise the Lessor immediately.
The Lessee shall not give any instruction to anyone to make any repair to the vehicle or to replace any parts thereof. Repair by the Lessee maybe made only in exceptional circumstance and with the consent of the Lessor and according to the instructions of the Lessor
Tenth: Indemnity to Lessor
The Lessee undertakes to indemnify the Lessor and his employees and his agents for any losses, liability or expenses arising directly from any breach of the terms of this Agreement by the Lessee.
Eleventh: Applicable Law
The Qatar Law shall be the obligatory applicable Law and the Qatari Courts of Law shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any disputes between the parties to this contract.
Twelfth: Important Information
- The Lessee's National Driving License is acceptable only 7 Days from his date of arrival in Qatar. Note that not all national driver's license is recognized in Qatar. It is suggested that you register with the Traffic Department to verify the validity of your license. If your stay is more than 7 days, a Temporary Driving License is required before renting the company's vehicle.
- It is part of the rental agreement that you inform the renting office and obtain their agreement to any change in the time or date or location for the return of the vehicle.
- In the event of a problem with the rental vehicle, contact the nearest Prestige Cars office/branch.
- All Prestige Cars fleet are non-smoking vehicles